Last updated 28 October 2022
This Policy is intended to help you understand:
- What is the Role of AGB Events
- Privacy Legislative Framework
- What is Personal Information or Personal Data?
- What Information can we collect?
- How does AGB Events collect Personal Information?
- How will your Personal Information be stored?
- How long will your Personal Information be stored?
- Processing and Use of Personal Information within AGB Events
- Access, accuracy, amendments and complaints– Your Rights
- Contact us
1. What is the Role of AGB Events?
We are designers of captivating content and memorable experiences. Through events,
exhibitions, and digital, we bring bold ideas to light.
2. Privacy Legislative Framework
AGB Events will collect, store, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (including the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs)) (PPIPA), Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)) (Privacy Act) and any other relevant laws and codes of practice in operation from time to time including the GDPR.
Australian and New South Wales Legislation
When you interact with AGB Events and use AGB Events’ websites, mobile websites or mobile applications, your privacy is protected by the PPIPA and Privacy Act.
General Data Protection (GDPR) Regulation
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’) contains new data protection requirements that will apply from 25 May 2018. These will harmonise data protection laws across the European Union and replace existing national data protection rules. The introduction of clear, uniform data protection laws is intended to build legal certainty for businesses and enhance consumer trust in online services.
3. What is Personal Information or Personal Data?
Personal Information is defined by Australian and New South Wales Legislation and Privacy Principles as namely information or any opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion.
Personal Information is also defined by the GDPR in which we provide particulars namely:
- any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Article 4 of the GDPR – a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person, cookie ID, ID card number, location data, advertising identifier on phones, IP address, an email address or a telephone number
any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, or medical information.
Examples of data not considered personal data:
- company registration number
- an email address such as [email protected]
- anonymised data (in certain circumstances)
4. What information can we collect
The types of information that AGB Events collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with it and may include:
- your name;
- your gender;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number(s);
- your occupation;
- your country of residence;
- your age or date of birth;
- your identification details
- such as those in your
- driver’s licence or passport;
- the information you provide us when preparing an event application along with the content of any declarations made in connection with that application; and any information you provide to us in enquiries or through correspondence.
AGB Events will collect only information that is necessary for it to fulfill these functions, unless required by law, ensure that any Personal Information collected is relevant to AGB Events’ purpose, is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We collect information directly from you, unless it is reasonably impracticable to do so.
5. How does AGB Events collect Personal Information?
AGB Events will collect Personal Information for a lawful purpose which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to our function or activities as a NSW Government agency event partner and for obtaining feedback about the effectiveness of our services.
AGB Events’ collection of Personal Information is performed in an open manner and where consent is obtained.
Your Personal Information is being collected when you provide it to us when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, including when*:
- you interact with our websites;
- you submit an application form with AGB Events containing Personal Information provide Personal Information via email;
- consented to on a form;
- make an enquiry to AGB Events;
- enter a competition run by AGB Events; or
- you are engaged in activities with AGB Events.
Information from Other Sources
AGB Events may use social media platforms and other interactive online forums or platforms through which we promote and provide our services. We may collect your personal information when you interact with us or mention AGB Events in public forums while using platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Photography and Videography
AGB Events may commission photographers to attend events and activations in order to photograph the event, family and activation and the general environment. This will include images and footage of patrons and participants for the purpose of using them in our promotional or marketing material (including any publication) in the future.
In some circumstances, images or footage may constitute as personal information. The image or footage may be reproduced on our websites, or reproduced in communications via hard or soft copy.
Email addresses are recorded when an email message is sent to AGB Events or when a user subscribes to an online mailing list.
These email addresses are stored electronically in accordance with standards and authorities under the State Records Act 1998 (NSW). An email address is only used for the purpose for which it is provided and is not added to any unauthorised mailing list or disclosed to other organisations unless you request that this to be done.
If you have subscribed to one of AGB Events’ online mailing lists, you can easily remove your email details from the list by unsubscribing. Each mailing list provides clear instructions on how to unsubscribe.
“Pixels” means the use of use of pixels (1 x 1 pixel images that allow services to tell companies how many people have visited their site). When you take a certain action on our website, a request is sent to the server to download the tracking pixel attached to the content you’re interacting with. It’s an invisible process to you but the data collected will help us and our sponsors build better digital ad and content experiences for you. All information collected is de-identified and we will never collect or disclose any personal information.
AGB Events, its websites and its third party partners, including analytics partners (such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics), may utilise cookies to enhance the user’s experience of the site. A cookie is a small text file that is sent back to your computer’s hard drive from a host website. Cookies record your preferences in relation to your use of a site and provide other information that allows us to recognise you in the future. The cookies on the listed websites do not read the information on your hard drive nor do they make your computer perform any unauthorised actions or make your computer send information to any other computer via the Internet.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to allow it. However, if you decide to not accept cookies, some of AGB Events’ web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information. When you access any of the pages on the website, we automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- the address of your server
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
The information collected during each visit to our website is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for AGB Events to manage its website services and identify patterns of usage of the sites. This will assist us in improving AGB Events’ sites and the services offered on them.
AGB Events will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual computers, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the PPIPA.
6. How will your Personal Information be stored?
AGB Events takes all reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of any Personal Information held, be it stored in electronic or hard copy format. Information is stored using Microsoft Systems and software.
There are risks associated with the transmission of information over the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the risks in the provision of your information to AGB Events’ website.
This website contains numerous links to other organisation’s web pages. AGB Events is not responsible for the information handling practices or privacy policies of those other organisations. AGB Events can of course provide you with an alternative means of dealing with it, or transacting business with it, if you feel uncomfortable with the electronic transmission of information.
7. How long will your Personal Information be stored?
AGB Events will store your information as per the data retention laws in Australia, or as applicable. If your personal information is sensitive, the retention time will be as appropriate. Should you provide consent for a longer retention period, we will hold your data in line with your consent. We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Once it is no longer necessary to retain the information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
8. Use of Personal Information by AGB Events
AGB Events will only use, communicate, handle or disclose Personal Information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected, in circumstances where you consent to other use of your Personal Information or otherwise in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection laws and GDPRs. This includes use for:
- sending information about AGB Events and its third party event stakeholders
- sending promotional emails, information, promotions, conduct of competitions announcements and other marketing communications
- posting/adding a photo of a person on a website
- sending surveys for you to undertake in relation to your experience with our services
- marketing, media and promotional purposes
- compliance with a legal obligation
- protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- storing IP addresses or MAC addresses
- responding to a query or request
- processing your application.
We may use your personal information to let you know about our products or services, either where we have your express or implied consent or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. We may contact you for these purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS or telephone. Where you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us, your consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. In the event you do not wish to receive such marketing and promotions communications, or you do not wish for your information to be used, you may opt-out using the unsubscribe mechanism contained in the communication or by contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
The GDPR will directly affect the processing of personal data of European Union citizens resident in the European Union, including those in the United Kingdom.
The processing of any personal data belonging to European Union citizens or others resident in the European Union will be subject to the GDPR no matter where the data is stored or processed.
9. Access, accuracy, amendments and complaints – Your Rights
AGB Events takes all reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information it collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Accordingly and as required by the PPIPA, you can access any of your Personal Information that we hold, except in the circumstances set out in appropriate legislation. If you would like to access or update your Personal Information, or if you would like to know more about the Personal Information that we may hold on you please e-mail us.
If you wish to complain about how AGB Events manages personal information, you should submit a written complaint by post or email using the contact details set out in this Policy. AGB Events will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt.
If you are not satisfied with AGB Events’ response you may make a written complaint to the Privacy Commissioner: www.ipc.nsw.gov.au.
GDPR / EU
Under the GDPR, EU residents have certain rights including:
- Right of Access
- Right of Erasure
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to exercise these rights in relation to privacy, you may do so by contacting us as per details below.
10. Contact us
The Privacy Officer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 8302 3800